Friday, 25 September 2009

despite the rain...

Well the sky's thundering down didn't stop the march of progress.I got my headboard painted and made something we really needed.
Bedside cabinets!
Apparently here in our town people never sell theirs so they get premium prices,you know how I feel about paying those...
I found this at my local op shop hiding behind the worlds largest wardrobe,standing on one end and covered in junk.



$40 including an extra set of legs from out the back.
I cut out the middle drawer and top then put all the legs on,cut them to length and painted.
The handles had a horrible faux copper finish but a scrub with wire wool found underneath...wait for it...real copper,go figure:)
Here they are along with my repainted headboard. I also made a shadow box for Chrissie from the leftover drawer.


11 comments:

  1. wow! if you can't find what you need, change what you have!
    great repurpose!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent ,it looks wonderful. Hope you'll post the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! they look great!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!!

    I have a linky party going on over at my place, check it out! http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/09/room-month-shade-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could always use the drawer front w/ handle also. Make a shallow box/shelf and put the handle piece on the front so you can lift for storage of items to switch out for different little decorating items.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forget to invite you over to my blog but I do hope you will come by for a visit.

    I have a Knock Off party every Monday,
    a Celebrate the Holidays party on Wed
    and Its So Very Cottagey home tour every Fri.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! What a cool idea, using the sides of a desk! With the feet on it, it just looks like it was made to be a night table! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks just beautiful...you certainly had a great vision and I love it in black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!! Smart thinking... way to go! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I'm so impressed, this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a neat idea. I love how they came out.

    ReplyDelete