Monday, 7 September 2009

didn't come out so bad...

Well I finally got around to getting the place mats,coasters and the little wall cupboard finished that was my thrifty treasures the other week.
I took these and with a bit of paint, some homemade scrap booking paper and some of my precious time they became these:

 
The little tag is some of the homemade paper Ive made into a waterproof tag for my bluing jar I'm making.
  
They all got a coat of gloss spray poly. It's not because I like shiny but the cubby is going in a steamy en suite ,I know my kids and their horrendous misuse accidents with tomato sauce and I'm out of anything but hi-gloss.
Between these jobs,doing the lawns and the housework which I'd neglected while doing this I feel about 103.
I'll post this on metamorphasis mondays ,come join the fun...

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to my party! Please add my button so others can join in too! LOVE the finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that paper is gorgeous! Love that you had a vision for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the coasters! I want to use letters like this but never can think of how to use them in a decent way. These are too cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable idea...no matter why you decided to do it...it is just so cute! Music...what could be better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love black and white and letters, so of course the coasters are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the coasters. I have some tiles I bought to make coasters with and I love the initial on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the coasters...because I love coffee!! Now I understand why there where saucers in the old days!

    ReplyDelete