Monday, 14 September 2009

fit only for the dump...

Well the dresser my landlord left in the rubbish pile certainly looked that way!
I decided it was nice and slim and the legs were cute so I'd have a go at making it into a hall table.
 
I found various scavenged handle sets and began filling in all the missing wood with builders bog and putty.
The finish still wasn't level enough so I had the great idea of covering them with wallpaper.I have one thing to say I will never do that again.I spent two days cutting out the air bubbles and its still not perfect... I also added some embellishments I took off an old mirror.
                                    
Then out came the Zinsser white paint and the mini roller.The handles got sprayed and finally it's almost right.

                                   
Just please don't look at the finish on the drawers too closely...

16 comments:

  1. Great job on that dresser transformation. That was quite an undertaking but with great results. Isn't it amazing what some people will leave in the rubbish pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shabby transformation. The dresser is now an elegant piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the little embellishments you glued on. Makes it one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rescue! IT looks so pretty!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! A little TLC goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice job!

    Thanks for putting my project button to your bar!
    it made me all warm inside! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the trash pile to that! Amazing! Don't let the landlord see it--he'll want it back. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great transformation. Shabby doesn't have to be perfect.

    I hope you will come by for a visit as well. I have a fun party on Mondays and another on Wed that just started up.

    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love all of your transformations!! This turned out so dang cute! I love the white and it looks so perfect with the black accents. Your stool looks awesome too!! What fun projects you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw all three posts. Great job.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! All clean and white. Way to save a poor little orphan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute! i love furniture painted white! stop by my Goodwill party every Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great transformation! I love the new look!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks great! Who would've thought that ugly thing could turn out so cute!.. uh, YOU, I guess! I probably wouldn't have seen the potential =) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your lying! That's not the same dresser!!! It looks amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete